Saturday, June 8, 2013

We're leaving on a jet plane (again)

From the bedside of Allie.....

It's here.  In 3 hours Chris, Emerson, and I are getting our first plane of many to go back to the good ole U.S. of A.  Truthfully, I have imagined this day since we came to China, but as an abstract distant day, like retirement, not as an tangible time.  I am sad, I am excited, I am nervous (mainly about a 13 hour plane ride with an infant), and I am humbled.  Our time in China has changed me, for better or worse.  For example, better:  I have grown so much closer to the Father since I rely on Him to get through everyday here, there is no 'my strength', only 'my awkward moments of cross-cultural fun'.  For worse, my food sanitation expectations have taken a severe dip, the 5 second rule is now the, hmm....this floor was cleaned today rule.  (Just a heads up if anyone comes over for a dinner party soon:) 

I am so excited to see friends and family, but we have been humbled by the outpouring of love we have received from students and friends these past few weeks.  There will be some serious remember the time blog posts when we get a chance to upload all the pictures for sure. 

Gotta run so we aren't late for our ride.  Thanks everyone for all the support you have given us throughout this journey and we can't wait to see each of you in person again!




No comments:

Post a Comment