Thursday, May 30, 2013

TEM-4eva

From the IKEA chair of Allie........

We have talked about the TEM-4 test on the blog before.  It is a nationwide test that basically determines if English major students get to graduate or not.   They take it sophomore year and no joke, I asked a freshman what she was doing for the holiday a few weeks ago and she said, 'Studying for the TEM-4.'  What?! The test is over a year away! It should be mentioned that this is a greatly delayed post and the party happened when it was still cold outside :)

To celebrate the sophomore students finishing the test our team threw them a party, complete with old fashioned bottled cokes.


The table wasn't long enough to put a 4 on it.

It was a great time to hang out with students, even Emerson got in on the action.


This is Whitney, a good friend who helped me with English corners last semester.  Full Disclosure:  Whitney was holding Emerson and I was catching up with some other students and I look over and see Whitney but no baby.  Whoops!  Whitney had passed her off to some other friends who were updating their QQ (Chinese facebook) profile pictures with images of Emerson.  Em took it like a pro tho, as if she were born in Asia with people taking her picture.....oh wait.

 I loved this party.  I was in charge of the games and I truthfully had forgotten just how much I enjoy being in front of people.  I taught them the Cupid Shuffle, then we changed it up and did it to the song 'Baby.'  My favorite part of the night was dancing and hearing all the students chime in during the chorus and sing.



Then we played limbo.  I kid you not it was impressive.  I'm just glad I got to hold the limbo stick instead competing against these kids.


This girl won.....in heels!



Finally it was time for a end of party sugar rush.  This game is one from Minute to Win it.  One person is supposed to use a straw to suck the candy up, run a few meters, and put the candy into their partner's mouth.  The store was all out of M&Ms so we used fruit snacks.





No comments:

Post a Comment