Tuesday, May 21, 2013

School lunches

From the couch of Chris...

When I arrived at UNC to begin my college education I remember hearing this phrase-- the freshman fifteen. It meant that most students would gain 15 pounds in their freshman year. I thought this was preposterous until I saw the beauty that was the Lenoir dining hall. Food in every direction, all you can eat. Allie and I still talk about going there for Sunday brunch sometime when we're back in the States. 

Things are a little different here in China. Every Friday I eat lunch with some students at our campus. This has been a great way to build some relationships and have deeper conversations. Here are some pictures depicting my typical "school lunch" in China.

Choose 2 ingredients and he'll cook them "made to order" in your own tiny pot. It's actually not too bad!






No comments:

Post a Comment