Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Andy

From the desk of Chris...

Each semester this school year I have only had 1 class on the campus where we live. All of my other classes have been on the campus that is an hour away by the city bus (or 25 minutes if you can time it right and catch the special "teacher" bus). The English ability of the students on this campus is often lower than those on the other campus, so this has made it a little difficult to build relationships. I just trust that the Father has planned my relationships by giving certain students better English :) It's been great to keep up my relationships with students from last semester, even though I'm not teaching them this semester. Specifically, I want to tell you a little bit more about a student named Andy. Andy first showed up on the blog on September 23, 2012 if you want to click the links to the right and read that story. He always seemed very open to relationships and we grew closer to one another as the semester progressed. Andy has even been known to stop by on occasion just to see Emerson! Andy is hungry for relationships, and this has translated into him having a weekly study to learn more about the Father. Every time I see Andy he asks me questions about things that he's been reading, and they're often very insightful. Please continue to remember Andy as he is taking his first few steps on a journey that may forever change his life!

Andy, Kevin, Max and I in front of our school sign


No comments:

Post a Comment