Friday, July 12, 2013

The cool kids table

From the couch of Allie....

It might be surprising to you that Chris and I talk or think about blogging a lot.  Usually its, 'crap, we need to blog' or 'I can't wait to blog about this;' however this does not mean we actually get to it. Clearly.  But here is something that I was struck by....my friends got really cool while we were in China.  Truthfully, they probably always have been cool, but after being gone and coming back and hearing them talk about their lives....well, I am thankful that they let me sit with them at parties. See the week we got back I was in my best friend Gabi's wedding.  Gabi and I have been friends since we were in middle school and secretly stuffing our faces with Girl Scout Cookies.  Her now husband, Luke, lived behind me in college.  I introduced them one weekend at a toga party we had at our house.  (I am sad and happy I dont have a picture of that :) )


It was this amazing time of fun and friendship.  Even Emerson stepped out of her mild jet lag to party for a bit.


She was a beautiful bride.  I teared up as she and Luke spoke their vows to each other and then laughed to myself as I remembered the first group date where we went to Souper Salad and Luke got sick all over his tray.  I could not have been happier for the two of them.

It was such a wonderful thing to connect with old friends from college and high school and hear about what is going on in their lives.  They have beautiful families, wonderful jobs, and interesting hobbies.  I found myself wishing that I was their friend, only to then realize that I already was their friend!  It was great.  And! not only did I realized how great they are, it was the first time in 7 years that I wasn't just visiting them, we actually live here again.  I felt and continue to feel so blessed at how God is moving in our lives right now.  I know He has big things planned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment