Monday, May 23, 2011

A Lifelong Dream Fulfilled

From the couch of Allie....
(UPDATE:  the new facebook link should be able to be viewed by everyone.  I know some folks couldnt view it before.  Sorry for the confusion!)

This has been a crazy couple months and it has been amazing to see the Father at work.  The purpose of this blog is not only to show the ways He is showing up but to also keep you updated on the daily goings on in our lives. 

So on that note, I got the chance to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine this past Friday.  The following clip pretty well describes my feelings: 


I have always wanted to be in a flashmob.  So when my friend Jenna, who coordinates special events at the Speed art museum asked my old hip hop dance instructor to organize a flash mob for one of their evening events I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to check this off my list! (and yes I said hip hop dance instructor, and no its not weird to be taking hip hop classes at the age of 28) But of course life got in the way and with the triathlon training and fundraising I didn't get a chance to go to any of the practices.  The mobsters were going to be doing a routine that I had learned in class and my dear sister Molly and friend Kristen, were going to be 'performing' and I would not have missed that for the world.  Buuuut, in the interest of full disclosure, when I dressed for the event on Friday I did trade in my typical heels for flats, you know...just in case someone pulled a hammy. 

So, Chris and I are standing out on the lawn of the museum with friends enjoying some blood orange and chocolate gelato and watching the fire dancers (typical Friday night right?) when my the instructor, Josh, comes up and says something along the lines of 'Its go time, lets do this'.  And I stammer my excuse that I had not been to ANY practices and I have not done the routine since last fall at the dance showcase (Note: adult dance recitals are called showcases, it sounds cooler).  He, being a friend and a great instructor, says, something along the lines of 'youll be fine, man up'. Thats all paraphrasing, I couldnt really hear him since my heart is now pounding in my head and the gelato feels like wet cement in my stomach. But I agree, for 2 reasons, I am HORRIBLE with peer pressure and well, it is on my list.

So here's a link to the video:

I'm in the back row, as is Molly, and the red head working it in the front is Kristen.  It was great fun and praise Him for muscle memory! 

Here's picture of me, Kristen, Molly, and Jenna after our dance showcase.  Please note the incredibe stage make-up, participation medals, and flowers.  I love these girls!

1 comment:

  1. whaaaaaaaat??! that is crazy awesome! can't see the video cause I think it's on someone else's profile but congrats, who doesn't want to say they've been in a flash mob?
    love from across the pond from mr and mrs gato :-)

    ReplyDelete