Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Love Potion Number Jiu

From the couch of Allie.....

So as I said, the mold did a number on my respiratory system and I have gone the past 2 days with students constantly telling me I sound terrible and I should get some rest.  While it is true that I sound a bit more man-like than usual, when someone says go to a doctor in HY, I cringe a little.  The hospital in HY prescribes a 3-4 day daily dose of IV injections for what seems like everything from a cold to a sprained ankle.  I try and decline as politely as possible when students ask me to go get treatment at the hospital.  But two of the guys Chris studies with offered some medicine and we couldn't decline.  So here's what we got:

One brought us the chinese version of azithromycin and the other..... a recipe for love soup.

The ingredients starting at one o'clock, medlar (something that goes in tea), white fungus (yum-o), chopped up pears, and of course, a dime bag of opium.  Just kidding, its ground rock candy.

I feel better already.  Seriously though, when we put it in a mug it looked like vomit.  If I closed my eyes , it tasted like sugary pear water.  It warms my heart to think of how these college kids care for us, but I think I'll stick with the antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment