It has finally happened. After weeks of reading about freakishly warm weather back in the States and still having to wear my Under Armour baselayer all day everyday, Spring has arrived in HY. Here in South China, the leaves never really change color and fall off the trees so it is green all year round. How can I tell it's spring? Well, when I walked out the door this morning to hit up the market this is what I saw.
Who needs colorful flowers when you can have sheets, blankets, and towels?! You see in a place where there are few washing machines and dryers are non exsistent, the first day to air out your bedding is a big deal.
We were a little shocked as to what the soccer field had turned into but we were not about to stop playing on the first day with a blue sky in four weeks!
I may just wear shorts tomorrow to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment