Saturday, June 4, 2011

The end of an era....

From the couch of Chris....

Yesterday marked the end of an era. That's right, one of those epic moments in life that mark the closing of one chapter and the beginning of another. There are times in life when a guy has to decide what kind of man he wants to be... does he hang on to the past, or move forward to the future??? Almost 5 years ago Allie and I got married. And with marriage comes the step into adulthood-- a world filled with lawn mowing, Home Depot, and the worst of the worst... adult furniture. Gone are the futons, the bean bag chairs, and the lava lamps of our youth. Soon after we got married Allie and I bought our first piece of adult furniture, the entertainment center.


Yesterday we sold this milestone on craigslist! The great exodus of our belongings has begun! And yes, once I mentioned that I put it together the old lady that bought it DID point out to me that the doors and nobs were a little crooked, but it was "expected" because I'm a musician. Then she made me lift the entertainment center on top of her car. Old lady 2, Chris 0.

Thinking about have a $30 for 30 seconds free-for-all "whatever you can grab you can have" event at our house. Anyone interested?!

No comments:

Post a Comment