Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A few of my favorite things

From the desk of Allie....

'Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up in string, these are a few of my favorite things!'

 Well....not really, I'm more of a dog person, you dont make coffee in a copper kettle, and I hate mittens (how are you supposed to do anything with claw hands?), but my mom would disown me if I misqouted the Sound of Music. 

Here are a few of my real favorite things lately:

Strawberry cake from Ruddabakers.  This small bakery in Morehead, KY only makes this cake from May to July when strawberries are in season.  It is worth the almost 2 hr drive from my house for this cake, even if I didn't have to work a clinic there. 


Chris and I ate this entire 1/2 cake in a weekend...without using plates :)  When the cake calls your name, you answer.

Soccer fields in the morning.  I am a card carrying morning person, much to Chris's chagrin, but there is something about the quiet hopefulness of the morning that I absolutely love.  Add that to a beautifully manicured pitch and that's what I imagine Heaven is like.


Lexington, KY at 5:30am.


Mangos, really any fresh fruit in the summer but mangos are good in just about everything.  Guacamole, salad, old school SNL skits...yup, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment