Sunday, October 9, 2011

Did I give up my horse shoes for this?

From the desk of Allie...

Yesterday C and I ventured out to buy some new running shoes for him.  What used to be a discussion on which brand has the best support versus running technology turned into, which store has a size 10.5 in men's and isn't an obnoxious color like puke green.  He ended up getting a lovely pair of blue running shoes.  

Which reminded me, I love shoes.  I love shoes that are so ugly they become cute (maybe). But I thought I had to get rid of all my high heels when we moved to China because they were impractical.  I spent months replacing my cute shoe collection with more sensible flats, and I died a little inside each time. But I was so wrong about what is and is not practical in China. 

This is a collection of photos of shoes I see regularly.

Being surrounded by trash did not keep this lady from rocking the fringe peep toe booties.
These are my favorite.  I just wish they came in my size.

These shoes were surprisingly coordinated her denim and sequined outfit.

At the subway station

Please note the evening shoes with the jean shorts...anything goes for fashion in China

 I am relieved to finally post these so I can stop taking creepy pictures of people's feet :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved this, Allie! When I see women strolling along in their cute high heels, I feel this tinge of regret. Oh, for my high heels or cute wedges that either found new homes or are resting in storage. Then I remember that we walk like crazy around here, and my heels were used to transport me from house to car and car to ______. And I then want to hug my Toms. Loved the fringe booties, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this so amusing? They rock the fanciest shoes... EVERYWHERE. I've even seen plenty of these hiking up mountains. I was thinking as I was walking outside the other day in my waterproof Solomon trail runners {because what else do you wear when its rainy and a little cold}, "What do these ladies think of me in my seemingly manly clown shoes?" I can't believe that Chris found shoes to fit him here! Definitely a Chinese success.

    ReplyDelete