Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Morning Run

From the desk of Allie (channeling our holiday trip).....

I meant to post this right when we returned from the holiday but the internet has not very reliable.  So here goes.

A trip out for a morning run in Yangshou, China.  The weather was rainy but not too bad as we ventured out.  The streets were remarkably empty for the number of tourists in the city.  Which could be because of the crazy nightclubs they had there.  Anyways, we decide to run along a river walk and see where it leads.  About a half mile in here's what we see:


What else do you do when you come to an eerily empty large structure in a foreign land?  Well you see where it leads of course!  Fortunately this did not end up like the scary movies I refuse to watch with Chris, instead we ended up here:


and here:


As we ran through these beautiful mountain 'roads' I couldn't help but think about this verse; 'When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?
Psalm 8 3-4




And yes, we are wearing matching shirts, completely by accident and the lack of somewhere to wash our clothes.  However, it is very popular for couples to have matching shirts, shoes, cell phone cases, and sometimes even coffee mugs in China.  Well, a girl can dream

No comments:

Post a Comment