Thursday, December 15, 2011

Attack of the Killer Strawberries

From the couch of Allie.....

Chris and I spent most of the day inside watching tv because Chris got sick last night and he's not much better today.  We have two suspects:

Suspect 1:  We call him jidan chao fan man



Suspect 2:  I call this one the beginning of the end. 



Let's start with the strawberries. Yesterday we went strawberry picking.  What? It's December, you say?  Strawberries wont be in season for another six to seven months?  Well that's what I said too when another Chinese teacher asked us to go strawberry picking with her yesterday.  I would be lying if I didn't have to think for several long seconds about whether or not HY is below the equator.  (It's not)  So we agreed to go pick some strawberries today after class in the 30degree weather.  Off we go to the farm, which is right across the street from our school.  We are in the car for maybe 1 minute before we get out and walk into what is called the countryside.


The farmer takes us to several greenhouse looking things and turns us loose after he recommends a japanese type of strawberry to us.  Apparently it was 'creme flavored' and a few greenhouses down are some that are 'chocolate flavored'.  Odd, I thought they were all strawberry flavored.  Anyway our teacher friend suggests we try them to figure out which is our favorite.  I can hear my mom yelling at my from across the world...."Allie, don't you dare..."


Well mom, it was delicous! and there really was a difference between the creme and regular flavored! It was wonderful until later that evening when Chris got to see the strawberries all over again.  Here's more pictures from the day:


This is Chris with Ye Ling and Wes at the beginning of our time.


This is Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, I mean, Chris and Wes


Strawberries to go? Yes please.

Chris is on the mend but I have a feeling we won't be headed back to his favorite tarp restuarant any time soon and those strawberries will likely be given away.  I was thinking today, He says this life will not be easy but it will be filled with joy.  And it is.

1 comment:

  1. "I thought they were all strawberry flavored." bwwwahhhhaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete