This is the story of my journey into the world of Chinese hip hop dance classes. I began taking classes with my friend Margery about 2 months ago, and at the end of the first month they asked me (through Margery) if I wanted to be in a dance show. Of Course!!! Little did I know that would mean nightly ("If I had time," which in Chinese means, you had better be here) practices. Margery had to study so I was left to my own language devices with some of Caroline's freshman students.
This is my crew: Leigh, Tina, and Dan Dan
We have had two dance shows, here is the first one:
We had the second show tonight in front of tons of people including the dean of the english department. I hope he likes hip hop dancing.
Before the show I was trying to tell Leigh that I wanted to talk to the father and she said, 'No, no you don't need to do that, you are really good!' Then I tried to explain it isn't about asking for things, it was to give thanks and so she said ok and quickly bowed her head with me.
I can barely communicate with most of the people but I am so thankful for a chance to spend time with them! With the semester break coming up I am going to stop taking classes so I can get all the final exam stuff taken care but I will surely miss it.
There are a ton more videos on our Youtube page of the CRAZY poppers and my 16 year old hip hopper friend named Changer who was also in the show. If you wanna watch just search eggfooyoungs on youtube.
Oh, Allison -- it looks like our flash-mobbing was just a warm-up for your big debut!! Get it girl!
ReplyDelete