Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh Barnacles!

From the couch of Allie....


Today I had office hours and afterwards I went off in search of my new favorite snack....we shall call it barrel bread.  Low and behold, I found it! Outside the backgate was my guy.  Now, I don't know what is in that red bucket with the paintbrush or how often he cleans that tile but it is tasty.  There's sesame seeds on top and a slightly sweet filling.


These fluffy little guys are so wonderful and for the low price of 1RMB they're hard to resist.  I had to check out the inside of the barrel and these things are cooked like barnacles on a ship!  The barrel man presses the dough to the insides of the barrel, and then this happens.


The Barrel guy then takes these metal chopstick thingies and pulls them right off and puts them in a plastic bag fresh and ready to be eaten. 

Maybe I should start callng it Barnacle Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment