Sunday, April 14, 2013

Date night

From the couch of Allie.....

I must apologize for the blog silence of late.  As it is springtime here in the Hunan province, the cold and flu season is at its all-time high.  Our whole team has been sick for the past month and this past week or so Chris and I finally succumbed to the sinus filling joyous occasion that is a cold.  Naps have taken place of our blogging time but never fear we are back!

Last week we went on a date to Daylight Doughnuts and H&M.  Sounds like a typical Saturday for most people right?  Oh no, I have been looking forward to this outing for about a week.  It is the farthest we have taken Em away from an apartment and there was some planning involved for feeding and whatnot.  After two trips back to the apartment for things we forgot (I shall blame my delirious excitement for forgetting the bottle and my wallet), we decided to take the bus to the shopping district.






First up was H&M!  I love this juxtaposition of the very western store with the pagoda in the background :)  China is awesome.


What is not awesome is uber creepy H&M window display.  Seriously, I don't think I could shop here at night just in case the manniquens came to life.  Stylish clothing be darned.


Then, Daylight Doughnuts.  I loved this place before because the doughnuts taste like doughnuts and not some imitation dohnots, but now I love it for the soy milk lattes.  You see, Em apparently doesn't like dairy, which is tough because I LOVE it and finding a good soy latte for a decent price that comes in a combo with a pastry is next to impossible.  We are all smiles here:)


Ok, I am all smiles.  Trying to take a picture of Emerson smiling is like trying to take a picture of a whale jumping while on a whale watching tour.  When it happens, I am too busy ooh-ing and ahh-ing to take a picture and then when I finally remember, its gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment