Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lights, Camera, Friday!

From the couch of Allie....

I had intended for yesterday to be a day full of catching up on emails and working on grad school stuff, instead Chris and I got to be movie stars.




So let's back up.  This morning we received a text from our team leader saying "A teacher asked for 2 white faces to be in a Transformers commercial this afternoon?' (Please note the capital 'T')  Since I am all about skipping out on some work, Chris and I agreed to spend the afternoon in a Trasformer commercial.  As we were getting ready we realized that other than knowing where they would pick us up, we had no idea what we were supposed to be doing.

We were picked up by some wonderful folks in blue jumpsuits and a tricked out (i.e. dvd player) Dodge Caravan.  Hmm...as we drive to the shoot, the woman who knows our teacher friend tells us where we are going.  TBEA.  TB (something in Chinese) Electronic Apparatus?  So we arrive to find some type of scene with more blue jumpsuited people being filmed in the lobby, except now they have helmets on.  I look over my shoulder for Bumblebee.  Nothing there.

We are escorted into the VIP receiving room where several other people are sitting around, and someone comes up and explains to us that we will be the foreign business people in the informational video for TBEA.  The second largest transformer manufacturer in the world (please note the lower case 't').  Holy misconceptions batman!  Our token white faces are supposed to look like business people?  Good thing I wore my new Chinese flea market leather jacket and jeans.


Apparently they figured people would only be looking at our faces and just let us wear what we came in wearing.  Awesome.  My first commercial and no wardrobe or makeup department.  They filmed us talking to another 'actor' and walking into the VIP room and then, this scene, which I'm assuming will not have any sound to go with it since we are discussing 90's television.


Such a fun day! Even if I didn't see any robots, in disguise or otherwise.  Here's a picture of us with the cast:



To top it all off, they gave Chris and I crystal laser cut trasformer sculpture thingies.  They each weighed about 25lbs but will look great on our coffee table, right?




I like to think that someday, some American businessperson will be watching that video and thinking...wow, they sure do have white faces, I must do business with this company.  Just another great day in China.  And another great story for the next time I play 2 truths and a lie.

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! I know two more famous people! Girlfriend, I'd buy anything you're sellin'! Transformers, transformers, I'll take two, please!

    ReplyDelete