Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where's the Beef?

From the exercise ball of Allie....

A few weeks ago my freshman were acting out cultural differences in Eastern and Western culture.  One group had 'family dinner'.  I was excited to see what they would do and it began just like I expected.  Eastern culture- everyone used chopsticks (2 pens each) and pleasantly talked about their days.  Western culture- They ran up to the makeshift table like a stampede of wildebeasts, pretended to cut up their food with a knife and fork, and then...one of the guys shouted "Where's the beef!?," end scene.  I really don't know if there is anything left to teach them about American culture :)

Speaking of family dinner, here's our dinner for tonight:


One the right is Chris's dinner, eggplant and greenbeans with rice.  And on the left, is mine. Its name is shou shen cao, but I call it 'meal in a cup' its milk tea with tapioca pearls, red beans, jelly pieces, raisins, some kind of fruit, and maybe kidney beans.  I don't ask questions that I don't really want to know the answer to so I have never asked, and its tasty.  Bottoms up! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Chris' dinner is one of our favorites Yours just sounds gross. Sorry girl, but yuck.

    ReplyDelete