Wednesday, November 16, 2011

MercyMe

From the couch of Allie....

I hope you stare just long enough to see,
the heart thats beating here inside of me. 
Beyond all the things you think you know,
I'm just a kid trying to make it home.
That's it, no more, no less

This is a song I have been listening to on repeat.  It's by MercyMe and my mom bought me the cd like 7 years ago but good songs are timeless right?  In a place where people will go somewhere just because we will be there, it is a good reminder that I am not the one who leads.  Living in Hengyang can be like being in the movie Inception, when you start to realize its a dream and everyone turns and looks at you.  But I don't want them to see a foreigner with weird hair and a white face who sometimes dances as she walks, but I hope they see the reason for my smile.  The joy that's inside my heart.  To be honest, I need the reminder sometimes too.  I am just trying to follow Him where he leads so I can someday be called a good and faithful servant. 

Also, today on the bus I caught the old lady behind me playing with my hair. 

1 comment:

  1. Allie, we miss you so much!!! =( We still have the sticker on the audiometer in Morehead that you wrote your last day! Your hair is so long now!! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete