Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday America!

From the lakehouse couch of Allie...

Happy Independence Day!!! I tend to get really nostalgic and patriotic on July 4th.  I attribute it to the service of my brother, dad, grandfather, and uncles, but also, to my mom.  She insists on thanking every person in uniform that we see and will often anonymously buy dinner for tables of soldiers when she sees them in the airport.  It was embarassing when I was a teenager but now, I love it.  Today, I feel blessed to be an American.  In America. 

Chris and I have been spending a wonderful week at Chris's parents lakehouse in Virginia.  We have been lounging, swimming, and fishing.  Our good friend Chase, who we met thru ELI, came up for a day with his fiance, who we have heard wonderful things about, Lauren.  We have heard wonderful things about her and to be honest, she's better than what we've heard.  Pictures on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment