From the coffee shop stool of Allie....
When we came back to China, I knew the expectations of pregnant women were different than they are in the United States. I have had students tell me that pregnant teachers they know, often won't teach but if they do, they wear sunglasses ( to save energy from their pupils dilating), cut their hair short (to save nutrients for the baby), and won't eat ice cream (thats more because ice cream is too cold). Now, I understand that the history of being a pregnant woman in China is super different that that of being a pregnant woman in the U.S., when historically, nutrition was an issue, of course you want to save everything to ensure the health of your baby.
All that to say, I am nervous to tell people I am pregnant because of the barrage of advice I will likely receive. I have been really blessed to feel great most days and still be able to be active. The good news (and bad news) is that many people percieve that Americans are fatter than them anyways so most people aren't sure if I am fat or pregnant.
Our new team has a gym that they go to and so Chris and I have been going too. It is great! Lots of weights, cardio, spinning classes, and dance classes. We always joke about what the the people think of the girl in the free weight area with the big gut. Pretty soon though they might start wondering why I spend all this time at the gym and keep gaining weight.
Week 23(ish)?
Week 25
Little Youngster might be addicted to endorphins at birth. It's hard to say :)
You're so cute!!! I'm a little jealous of that gym! We know of nothing like that anywhere close. Remember, they think we're strange no matter what we do. I've always heard that "showing but not REALLY" time is the most awkward. I think you rock it, though!
ReplyDelete