Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hamburglar

From the computer chair of Allie....

Many of you probably heard us talk about the monthly burgers at Mickey D's over here. If you have, skip a few lines, if you haven't, it's awesome.  Every month McDonalds has a special burger (or chicken sandwich) usually with some type of theme.  Past gems include the Mexican burger: a fried chicken sandwich with tortilla chips on top, the London Olympics burger:  a hamburger topped with cheese sauce, mushrooms, and gravy (skipped out on trying this one), and the Mashed potato burger:  self explanatory.  Some have been good, others....creative.  But when we went by recently here's what was featured:


The black and white burger.  I immediately think of the album and know that I had to order these. 

 
First impression, they look like the picture.  That's good right?  But why is the bun black? 
 
I started with the familiar looking white bun with chicken slider.

 
Not great, it tasted like pepper chicken with hot peppers on top.  Good thing there were two. 
 

 
 Next, on to the black bun burger. This was a hamburger with a similar seasoning but topped with onions so it tasted like a pepper steak with onions. Wait. Did I just compare a McDonald's slider with steak? Yes, indeed. I have forgotten what real beef tastes like apparently. Oh well, it was cautiously delicious :)
 
Also a high point is the monthly McFlurry.  This month?  Chocolate chip cookies.  I would have taken a picture but, well, I ate it too fast.  Those pepper burgers were hot!
 
Thanks Ronald McDonald for providing monthly entertainment in your menu choices!

1 comment:

  1. You are the bravest foreign eater! I think of you when we walk past the stinky tofu! :)

    ReplyDelete