Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our time in Colorado

From the desk of Chris....

We've been in Colorado for almost a week now and figured it was about time to fill you guys in on some of the highlights! The #1, hands-down, no questions asked highlight is the amazing group of people that we've met. I cannot put into words how refreshing and uplifting it has been to meet people that have been traveling on our same journey these last several months. It is amazingly freeing to know that there are other people in your same situation, dealing with the same ups and downs, going through the same emotional rollercoaster. Wherever you are in life, whatever you're going through, I would encourage you to seek out others to walk alongside you. Here's our breath of fresh air:


Ignore the fact that I'm frowning in this picture... and the fact that I stole this picture from one of their blogs.... If you look closely at the foreground of the picture you'll see chair-backs, bookbags, and waterbottles. It's been a tough week of all-day classes, but we're getting through just fine! Sometimes though, we need a little distraction to help take our minds off classwork.... please don't tell my instructor that we made these during class! We were paying attention... I promise....





When class is over we come back to our amazing dorms. I don't know what it was like where you went to college, but our dorms at the real UNC were definitely not this nice! The only downside is that we have 2 twin beds... we found a way to make it work though!





In 3 days we'll be in Beijing!!! Stay tuned for more updates!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment