From the bed of Allie.....
As part of our teaching commitment to the university, the foreign teachers offer an oral english class for the Chinese teachers. Mostly its for teachers who speak english pretty well and are thinking about travelling abroad at some point so we teach them a lot about culture. Well my class was going to be about sports. Yay! Well kinda yay, I had to talk about baseball and hockey and other than the Hickory Crawdads Pizza Scream and the entire Mighty Ducks saga, I know little about those those two.
Class went great but as I was hauling all the sports equipment to class (I'm a hands on learner and I think everyone else should be too), I realized that I should not be allowed to carry a bat. No its not because I am too clumsy and kept dropping it, which would be a good guess, its because I suddenly had the urge to hit stuff. Having, likely, the only bat in Hengyang made me feel powerful. I wanted to use it, on a tree, a trashcan, on the motorbike that honked at me while driving straight at me in the wrong lane. I think I just had a hands on lesson on why I never need to own a firearm.
No comments:
Post a Comment