Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pick your own....qing wa?

From the couch of Allie......

Before we came  to China, I remember sitting around the lunch room table at work talking with my coworkers when Rebecca, shared her knowledge of Chinese with me.  "Qing wa.," she said.  "Bless you," I said back to her.  "No it means frog." She stated.  We all had a good laugh about how I now knew how to say hello and frog in Chinese.  Surprisingly, I have actually used the word frog here more than I thought, especially when a waitress asks me if I want qing wa to eat.  But when Chris and I took a jog to our grocery store yesterday morning, we were on our way to the deli area and we came across three people gathered around a bin and they were catching something....Qing wa!




I seriously love the grocery store, never a dull moment.  Especially the part where the old man sweeps through the frogs like she is looking for the biggest one.  Could you imagine a bin of frogs for the grabbing in the middle of Kroger?  Right between the grind your own peanut butter and the sample platter for cocktail weenies?  (I really miss the Shelbyville Super Kroger, by the way)

As we continued into the bakery section we saw that one frog had achieved what all the others were trying to get....freedom.




Molly arrives in T minus 5 days! I cannot wait to see her!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment