We have often shown you guys our favorite Muslim noodle place near the new campus. Well, there's this really special dish there called 'da pan ji,' (big bowl chicken) it's basically an entire chicken cut up and marinated all day in this delicious spicy cinnamon-y tomato-y goodness. It's the house specialty. Chris and I have never tried it, partly because it takes like four people to eat and partly because it costs 5 times as much as our typical noodle dish, which means its about $6. Since Molly came to the country, we decided to go classy and get the dish.
Man, it was delicious! I only wish we had been eating this weekly. Its filled with potatoes and ginger and served with tomatoes topped with sugar (suprisingly tasty) and flatbread.
Once you have had some of the food, the servers start bringing out hand pulled flat noodles by the bucketful and dumping them into the sauce. And I thought it couldn't get any better!!! We split two of these between six people and I still could have licked the plate :) Yum-O
No comments:
Post a Comment