Well, it's that time. Time to head home for the summer. It's funny, sometimes I never thought this day would come and other times it seems like we just moved to China. I must say, I am ready. I will miss my students like crazy but to be honest....there are holes in most of my clothes; my shirts, shorts, underwear, and socks are pretty busted up from the chinese washing machine. Not to mention my hair is hurting in a big way. Remember a few months ago when I dyed my hair brown with Margery?
Well, about a week after this our shower water started to smell like bleach and this is what my hair looks like now. Like a burnt auburn at the top and blond at the bottom....classy.
It's not the worst thing ever, but I need to get into an Aveda salon for some serious help.
We spent our final days going to eat at our favorite restaurants, packing up all our belongings, and saying goodbye to students. It has been emotionally draining but exciting. I am glad Molly has been here for it all. She has given our final exams to our freshman (talking to a new foreigner is a big deal for them), gone to class parties, performed at class parties, gone to dinners with us and helped us haul our belongings to and fro almost daily. She is composing a blog post for you but it is taking a few days to process it all I think.
We are headed to Thailand for about a week as part of her birthday squared/Christmas present. I can't wait to let her relax in Asia:) I will post some pictures from class parties soon! Can't wait to see everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment