Good day everyone!! For the past few weeks I have been in the great company of Allie and Chris. As my tour guides, if you will, they have shown me lots of amazing things that Asia has to offer. Some of them awesome, some of them not so awesome, and all of them will be things that I will never forget.
China was my first stop. HengYang is an amazing place. Completely different from what I am used to in the States, but it was so much fun. Everything was an adventure. Crossing the street in Heng Yang should be an event in the X-Games. all forms of public transportation is crazy! Riding in a taxi is different because you never really know which side of the road they are really supposed to be on. I enjoyed getting to know all of Chris and Allie's friends and students the most. Being in schools all day long in America I have never seen anyone as excited to learn than the students at HengYang Normal University. They actually come to office hours with questions about America, or English, or whatever just to practice speaking the language with a native speaker. It's amazing. I got a glimpse of this the very first night I got there. We decided to watch Step Up 2 with some of Allie's dance friends and they actually wanted to watch it with English subtitles so they could practice. I was blown away. One of my favorite people that I met in HengYang was some one I only saw twice, but loved him the minute he started talking. He was one of the most enthusiastic people I have ever met. Instead of saying cheese while posing for a picture he shouts "WONDERFUL!". How awesome is that.
Thailand is the best! We spent three days in Chiang Mai and did the more incredible things than I have done in my 26 years of life. We played with tigers, rode elephants, fed giraffes and leopards, and ate a cricket. I can't even put into words how much I love Thailand! The best part was having Allie and Chris there to share it with.
No comments:
Post a Comment