Saturday, December 22, 2012

Any time now, baby!

From the hotel couch of Allie......
 

Whelp, 39 weeks.  No this is not our child.  Although if we could get Finley to Thailand to lick our newborn baby's face, we would do it in a heartbeat.  We had another doctor's appointment on Friday.  Everything with the baby still looks good although we found out some interesting things about our doctor.  He's going on vacation for the New Year holiday.  He is still guesstimating that the little one will be born in about a week which puts us right over his vacation.  Now in the States, its not a big deal to have a doctor be on vacation and have someone else deliver your child.  (I say not it's not a big deal but I know nothing about it :) )  Our doctor had promised he would be the one to deliver our little one and since he's one of the few educated in the West, we were hoping he would be there. 

So when he said he was taking a long vacation for New Year's.....we were slightly confused.   Then he said this, "I will be at my farm in the jungle, if you go into labor during the day I will drive the 2 hours back to the city, but if you go into labor at night, I cannot safely get back and so my colleague will take care of you."   So many things about that seem awesome.  1.  He has a farm  2.  This farm is in the jungle   3.  He would actually drive 2 hours back just to see us if he safely can.  Pretty awesome, or slightly scary I dunno how you want to look at it.

We go back on Wednesday to see him again before he heads off to the jungle.  Ahhhh Thailand :)

No comments:

Post a Comment