Monday, March 18, 2013

Date Night

From the desk of Allie.....

So date night looks a little differently now that we have Emerson, but we are still trying to get out for at least a little while every week.  Last week, the weather was gorgeous!  So, of course, here's where we went for our date:


 The soccer field.  It was great to play together again, but I would be lying if I said I didn't have my phone strapped to my arm in case Emerson got too fussy.  But luckily for us, our wonderful team leader, Ani, is also a wonderful babysitter.


 After we played for awhile and I realized just how slow I have gotten and Chris scored 3 or 4 goals, we headed home.  Chris's good friend, Scott, wanted to visit with Emerson so he came with us.  It is cool to see how fascinated he is with her. A few days ago he said, "You know, I have never wanted to take care of a baby before, but maybe I can take care of Emerson sometime."  She liked hanging out with him too.  We had hoped she could be part of the work we do here and so far, she's a natural.



Also, this happened:

Date night is not what it used to be but it is still pretty great.




1 comment: