From the desk of Chris...
I've realized that sometimes I "introduce" people on the blog, but never give any follow-up about them. So, today I'm going to give you guys an update on our two friends, Josh and Alex! The first time they graced the blog was back in October when we were helping to care for a fellow teacher at the hospital. In case you forgot, you can check out that post here. Here is a picture of the 3 of us that you may remember from the hospital trip. Alex is in the middle and Josh is on your right (my far left).
Last semester we had the chance to build a relationship with each other through hanging out, watching movies, and playing basketball. This semester we have started doing a weekly study together! Every week we are listening to a podcast called "Man Challenge" from our home fellowship. We are walking through The Story together and focusing specifically on men of the Story. Since these guys are seniors, I'm hoping that they can learn more about being true men before graduating! So far we have only studied 1 time, but it was great. I'm really looking forward to going deeper with Josh and Alex as the semester progresses.
With that in mind, I have a very specific need that you guys can help fill! I'm hoping to get about 5 copies of The Story sent to us here so that we have something physical to go through during our study (more than just listening to the Podcast). This would be a very real, tangible way that someone (or several people) could partner with us during our time here. If you feel called to send us any amount of the books, just let me know and we can work out the details! You could even write a note to Josh or Alex in the book, as I will be letting them each keep one!
As always, thanks for reading, and thanks for the support! I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my time with Josh and Alex!
No comments:
Post a Comment