From the Desk of Allie....
Today is Mid-Autumn Festival day, I have been told its a time to gather with family and reflect on happiness and sorrow from the year. Kind of like Thanksgiving but with these small corn starch filled cakes that everyone passes to each other. So Thanksgiving with fruitcake.
Anyways, I began this morning feeling really sad. It could be that I have had several students ask me if I miss my family and friends (which I do) with the holiday coming up, it could have been that I have been drinking Nescafe instant coffee for 2 weeks straight now, or it could be that I somehow ended up listening to James Taylor 'In my mind I'm going to Carolina' while walking home from the track. James Taylor is my musical Debbie Downer. I could be happy as could be and that song comes on and WHAM! Bring on the tears. So what did I do this morning? I changed it to Justin Bieber and danced the rest of the way back to the apartment.
Here's my track
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Day!!

We miss you too!! =)
ReplyDeleteJust think of the WHOOMP button whenever you need a lift! haha
You are awesome. I am so sorry that you are feeling sad. We are thinking about you and praying for you both. Keep rockin to the Beebs.
ReplyDeleteSept. 12th is a very important holiday, it's also my birthday!! We miss you so much!
ReplyDeleteChastity