Friday, September 9, 2011

The Taj MaTeeter it is not

From the desk of Allie....

Well I did it.  I went to the grocery store by myself.  You may be saying...'hmmm Allie, you are 28 now and a trip to the grocery store is something most people don't need an entourage for' and you would be correct.  But grocery shopping alone in China has been one of my goals since we moved here.  It involves taking the correct bus to the correct stop, walking to the store, navigating 3 floors of products with all Chinese writing, finding the things that I need and taking the correct bus home all while lugging my merchandise along with me.  Here are some photos of what I encountered (but not necessarily purchased)

The nice thing about the grocery store is that many things are very fresh, like.... pig's feet (don't worry, that's a marinade)


Snapping Turtle:


Frogs:

 
And some not so fresh meat:
 
 

Duck?:


Anyways, it went pretty well! Thank goodness I am a whiz at charades and Pictionary!  Also, C and I are cooking a lot with tofu and veggies for now. 

1 comment: