As promised, here are a few pics of our neighborhood! We're still working on getting our apartment put together, but don't worry, those pics will be coming soon!
This lady "guards" the gate outside our neighborhood. She's really nice-- she always wants us to sit down with her and (I think?) have tea. I was trying to be incognito while taking this pic... I couldn't exactly ask her if it was ok :)
Once you get past the lady, you get to our apartment buildings. There's a nice little garden in front with fresh peppers!
This basketball court is behind our apartment. There is pretty much always someone playing. It's mostly just the teacher's kids, but if I ever need an ego boost, I can just walk outside and block every shot from an 8 year old....
Here's a pic of our team eating dinner... the food here is really spicy! From left to right we have Allie, Ani, Caroline, Sarah, Cathy, and Quang. We're still missing Wes, Avery, and their new son Parker! Hurry up guys... we miss you!
Our city is located on a river, known as the Xiang River or XiangJiang River. There is a "river walk" where we go for evening strolls or early morning runs. This is a view of the river at night.
People dance every night on the river walk. Sorry that the video is so dark... we haven't seen anyone dancing in the day!
So there's your first view of the neighborhood. Stay tuned... there are plenty of other things worth seeing!!!
Hey Chris and Allie-- Love the blog post!! We can't wait to get there with you guys.
ReplyDelete