From the desk of Allie...
Dear Mom and Dad,
Yesterday was a great day. I got an hour long foot massage, I got to talk to you guys on skype, and I got to play pickup soccer with some Chinese folks. Also, I busted my knee on the soccer goal while trying to save a goal and it is now the size of a grapefruit. My knee, not the goal. My mind still thinks I am 23, while my body is more aware of my physical limitations. I am not saying this is your fault but you do keep calling me your 'Baby'. Please don't worry about me but please pray that once the swelling goes down everything is still okay. I may or may not have continued to play after I got hurt because I am really embracing the Chinese idea of saving face. And as you know, I am very stubborn. I think the Father is trying to tell me to slow down and depend on Him more. I'm going to try to listen sooner next time.
I love you,
Allie
No comments:
Post a Comment