Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Great Wall!!!

From the desk of Chris....

Today we went to explore the Great Wall of China! There are 3 options to get to the top of the wall: you can hike, take a chair lift, or take an enclosed gondala. Of course, being the competitive people that we are, we chose to hike. I can't imagine what it must have been like for armies to try to get to and attack the wall before the stairs were put into place!

I truly can't descibe how amazing the Great Wall of China is. I've seen pictures before but until you're actually there standing on the wall, it never really hits you how unbelievable that place is. To think that man built that is simply staggering. Here are a few pics of our trip to the wall!



So after a long day of hiking up and down stairs, the good people of China offer another means by which to descend the wall... an Alpline Slide! In case you've never ridden on an alpine slide before its kind of like sitting on a flat bobsled with a level for brake/gas. Once again my competitive nature kicked in and I tried to see if I could catch the guy in front of me. This is BY FAR my favorite video we've ever put on the blog! Be sure to watch all the way until the end... it gets pretty exciting!!





1 comment: