From the desk of Allie….
I’ve mentioned how much I love soccer fields before but here’s another reason. The field is the same no matter what country you are in. This is the field at a university near our hotel; its turf just like at UNC and it’s absolutely beautiful. In addition to busting my knee the other day, I caught the bug that has inevitably made its way through our orientation and spent the past 2 ½ days sleeping with my leg propped up on two layers of comforters. Anyways, I wanted to share a few pictures from playing a few days ago. There were three of us playing with about 11 other Chinese folks. It amazes me how easily they start speaking English when they talk to me.
One of the guys told me and my friend Sarah to ask for some ‘bing’ to put on my knee. Bing means ice in Chinese and he told us we could remember it because it’s like Chandler Bing. From the show Friends. Whhhhhhaaaatttt? He had to repeat it twice before we realized that was a cultural reverence we should get. It was humbling to know that I know so little of their culture and they know so much of mine. I don’t think watching Mulan counts, but I will probably try to watch it sometime soon.
Thanks for all the thoughts about my knee! The swelling went down and I didn’t tear anything! Hooray! Just in time for our trip to the Great Wall Saturday.
This is C’s trick shot while we were practicing PKs
I always thought I smiled a ton when I played. Now there’s proof.
Heat of the game
I am so grateful Sarah was there to get candid pictures!



No comments:
Post a Comment