So I decided that some of my most memorable random discoveries have happened while I have been on a run. So the 'My Morning Run' posting is going to be a recurring featurette here on the blog. Hope you like it!
So the other morning on my run, I was headed on the normal route some of us had been running since we arrived but I decided to try something different. One of the things I like most about running is saying hi to people as I pass them. For two reasons, one, I am incredibly friendly, and two, I like to call attention to the fact that I am going faster than them :) Just kidding, although now that I think about it I never say hi to people who are traveling faster than me. Hmmm. Back to the run. So I decided to say 'Good morning' to as many people as possible in Chinese. So off I go running along saying hello and good morning to everyone I passed. Most people looked at me in confusion, some said something back to me, and a group of pre-teen girls laughed at me. All in all, a successful language learning class. But that's not all...
I came to the park where we turn around and there were several older folks with their dogs gathered around. And then I saw a Finley. A beautiful golden retriever bounded right up to me as I was stretching and I almost cried I was so happy to see a big dog. This is what I have been seeing in the city:
Awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment